Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

1940's dress - Joni Lynn of Kindred Threads

Despite my first doll being Samantha, and my first outfits being Samantha's dresses, I don't really collect for the few historical dolls I own... I enjoy history immensely, but for one reason or another, I don't enjoy dressing my dolls up in historical clothing.
Still, when I saw this dress on Joni Lynn's Etsy (no link to Etsy, now you can find her at Kindred Thread) a few months ago, I kind of freaked out.



The first, second and third time I saw it, I convinced myself I didn't really need it, since I don't collect for Molly or Kit, but fate intervened when Joni contacted me about something I had for sale. She was willing to do a trade, so home it came!
I believe she made the dress from a Bunny Bear pattern that she may have tweaked a bit. I can't remember the details, unfortunately, but the dress has some amazing details.

Like the sleeves:


And the collar:


The other thing I really loved about this dress was it was made from an upcycled shirt from a thrift store. I'm not really one of those environmental, green people, but I do like to see doll clothes made from upcycled fabrics.

Some more details about this dress: There's no velcro to be found as the back closes with snaps, and all her seams are serged, as illustrated below:



Despite not collecting historical clothing, I almost always have a doll 'time-traveling' and wearing this dress.

In a nutshell:
Item: 1 1940's style dress
Seller: Joni Lynn, with Kindred Thread
Price: Trade
Grade: A +





1 comment:

  1. I love Joni Lynn - I have two of her 1940's dresses myself.

    So excited to see your new blog. I agree with your opinion of AG fashions as of late, and I am always watching etsy for good finds!

    ReplyDelete