Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

BBQ Apron - Laniescreations

I was cooking dinner the other night and had a brilliant idea... Lanie can 'help' me with this cooking stuff, I can take pictures, there can be cuteness, I can write a photostory, and it will be amazing!
The only thing wrong with this was I felt Lanie needed an apron for it to reach maximum cuteness, and I didn't possess such a thing. The only two available from AG were nice, but one was old fashion (Kit's apron, from the '30's), and the other I didn't feel like paying $28 dollars for (the apron from the baking accessories).

So, I turned to Etsy. Most of the ones I found were either too frumpy or too old fashioned. I wanted something funky, fun, and modern.
By sheer serendipity, I stumbled upon the perfect thing, a modern style apron emblazoned with barbecue grills and utensils, in black, white, gray and red, made by LaniesCreations, at Etsy.
I scooped it up, and I'm glad I did.


Who's stirring up trouble in the kitchen? Sonali is!


For $6.50, I got an apron that (in my honest opinion) is on par quality-wise with American Girl themselves.
The edges are not serged, but are folded under twice to prevent fraying (the AG brand one is like this as well), and the straps have been both folded under and stiched in a zigzag pattern to prevent fraying as well, illustrated in the photo below:



Finally, I decided to compare it to an official AG apron, since I broke down and bought the baking accessories for the mixing bowl.


Is it really safe to wear heelys on a stove top, Rebecca?


One of the things I like about the Etsy one, compared to AG's, is that the straps are ties. AG's apron velcroes in the back, which means the chunkier, PreMattel dolls or non-AG dolls like Carpatina might not be able to wear it very well. This one just ties on, so it will fit all sizes.
The only thing I like better about the AG apron is the pocket, which the etsy apron doesn't have.
Girl's gotta have a place to hold her spoons!


In a nutshell:
Item: 1 doll apron
Seller: LaniesCreations
Price: $6.50 plus shipping, although I see she's listed another at $10.50
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment