Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shirt and Skirt Set - sewurbandesigns

One of the things about American Girl's products that really discourage me is their color palate. My favorite colors are blues and greens, and I want to add some more outfits in those colors to my dolls' wardrobes, but AG's primary focus seems to be pink, pink, PINK. I know that wasn't true with Kanani and the latest release, but still.
I also wanted to buy Edie something that was a little more feminine than her usual jeans and tees, and discovered this outfit by sewurbandesigns.

I loved the pastel greens and blues she used for the skirt and the matching top... it caught my eye immediately.



As she states in her profile, her attention to detail is high.
After the colors, I loved that the print is more or less to scale for the doll (a HUGE pet peeve of mine), and all her seams are serged to prevent fraying.


The inside of the shirt.


The inside of the skirt.

The skirt is made of cotton materials with three different patterns, and the tank is something silky and stretchy (a little different that tee shirt material, but close. I have nightmares about trying to sew on that type of material). The skirt has no closures, it has an elastic waist so you can pull it on or off, and the shirt closes with Velcro.

I haven't tried the pieces with other items yet, or even added shoes to the outfit yet, but I think they have really nice mix and match quality, and I can see it becoming one of my favorite outfits.

In a nutshell:
Item: 1 tank top and one skirt
Seller: sewurbandesigns
Price: $16.00 plus ship
Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment